UL International Crown Brings Fans Close To the Action with On-Site Spectator Experiences at Merit Club
On-site elements at 2016 tournament deliver exciting viewing experiences for juniors, families and golf fans
Fans at the 2016 UL International Crown can find food, fun, learning opportunities and more when the LPGA comes to town July 19-24 at the Merit Club in Gurnee, Illinois.
From charity initiatives and free admission for kids and military personnel to an energizing first tee environment, the LPGA is committed to bringing fans closer to the world's best female players to deliver a memorable spectator experience at this major, international competition.
"We're dedicated to providing a memorable spectator experience for golf fans, families and local residents,” said Drew Blass, Tournament Director. "Thanks to the help of our sponsor UL, we’re introducing a variety of exciting elements to this year’s tournament for fans to enjoy."
In addition to watching the best female players from the top eight countries compete for the Tiffany designed trophy and crowns, fans can explore the following opportunities and attractions at the Merit Club:
* Women's Summit: Join leaders in business and golf at Merit Club on Tuesday, July 19 for the Women's Summit presented by Constellation - Strategies for success in business, in golf, in life. NBC Chicago's own Peggy Kusinski will host the afternoon that features a lunch, two networking and business panels and a wine and putting clinic reception.
* Junior Day: Saturday will be a fun-filled day of activities for all kids 17 and younger! From 12 p.m. - 4 p.m., juniors can play the putt-putt course, take part in the different arts and crafts projects on-site, and finish the day watching the last hours of golf with ice cream in hand. The first 100 kids to arrive will receive a Girls Golf signature giveaway.
* First Tee: This isn't your typical golf tournament, the LPGA and UL want fans to bring the noise at a rousing first tee experience where Bloody Marys, Mimosas and other beverages will be sold in the stands.
* UL Fan Expo: Located near the main admission area, the UL Fan Expo will showcase UL and demonstrate how the company connects with consumers. It will feature numerous fan experiences including touch-screen interactive elements, 360 video experience, giveaways, displays and an opportunity for fans to take pictures with the UL International Crown trophy. The UL Fan Expo will be open each day Wednesday through Sunday of tournament week.
* UL Demonstrations: Adjacent to the UL Fan Expo, Razor Hovertrax Acrobots will entertain golf fans with stunts and tricks. Demonstrations will be conducted hourly on Saturday and Sunday of tournament week.
* Free Admission for Kids and Military Personnel: To honor the men and women who serve in the United States Armed Forces, the LPGA is offering Active Duty, Military Retirees, Active Reserve, National Guard, Department of Defense Civilians and their accompanying spouse complimentary Daily Grounds tickets. Additionally, as an effort to continue to grow the game, juniors 17 years of age and younger will be admitted into the tournament grounds free of charge when accompanied by a ticketed adult.
* Charitable Initiatives: The LPGA and UL are committed to giving back to the fans and communities that welcome this event. Fans can look for additional charitable components around the championship grounds for the following beneficiaries:
- Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund: DMSF scholars will be onsite and inside the ropes, walking with the groups, acting as bunker rakers and providing caddie services during the week.
- LPGA-USGA Girls Golf: Local LPGA USGA Girls golf sites will be onsite to enjoy the great golf and activities.
- Habitat for Humanity: UL and the UL International Crown have partnered with Habitat for Humanity of Lake Country to sponsor a home-build for a deserving family in Waukegan this summer. Groundbreaking occurred earlier this year and the home will be complete this fall. Be sure to visit the Habitat for Humanity tent at the tournament to learn more about their programs.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Tuesday, July 19 - Team Practice Rounds
Wednesday, July 20 - Tournament Pro-Am (morning and afternoon)
Thursday, July 21 – Friday, July 22 - Eight (8) Four-Ball Matches
Saturday, July 23 - Eight (8) Four-Ball Matches; Wild Card Playoff
Sunday, July 24 - Ten (10) Singles Matches; Sudden Death Playoff; Trophy Ceremony
Tuesday, July 19 - 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday, July 20 - 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, July 21 – Friday, July 22 - 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 23 - 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday, July 24 - 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
For more information about the UL International Crown, or to buy tickets, visit ULCrown.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 386-236-1325.
Posted July 6, 2016 || Viewed 2,329 times || View Course Profile